Re: New WEGQ due Thu. at 3 pm (was: Bald in Boston)

- --- Mark Shneyder <bostonradio@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The frequency switcheroo is definitely out of the
> question. There's going to be a brand new format
> on 93-7 at 3pm tomorrow.

Of course if the new format (R&B-oldies?) on 93.7
sinks like a stone, they could try the frequency
switch later.

By the way, on the WEGQ website's messageboard,
people were saying they couldn't hear the hits of the
70s and 80s anywhere else if WEGQ dumped the format.
Hint: 100.7, WZLX, comes pretty close (plus adds
the 60s). Also: "Why run R&B--that's already at
94.5 and 107.9!"...Well, I don't think this will
be the same type of R&B.
If it indeed is R&B-oldies, think about this: they're
pretty close to 94.5 on the dial and might get some
of their listeners. How so? Well, some R&B fans may
also like the older stuff ("old school" is the current
slang term--even ESPN Classic Sports is using it--
"Are you old school?")...and someone may tune out
WJMN during an ad and twirl the dial slightly to the left. "Look what I
found!"

> Maybe they'll move Lost 45' to 6-10am Sundays
> on WRKO...Just kidding :)

Actually now that I think of it, Lost 45s might _still_
fit on WEGQ if they do have the R&B-oldies, because
a lot of the 70s/80s hits on the pop charts were
R&B-based...