93.7, The Prince... Mock Memo

<sarcasm decidedly ON>
MEMO TO LINGERING 93.7 STAFF:

Let's blow up a radio station.  Hey, let's pick...."1999" and run it
constantly!  Never been done before.  By doning such a genuine article
for the transitioner, listeners will quickly learn, before even
hearing our new format, that we _will_ be, um, different!  Yea, that's
the ticket.  Just in time for when Boston area listeners have been
boned, er, filleted, um, boinked, into believing that "new" is more
than the sound made by a cow with a speech impediment.  Let's make the
voice sound like...um.. a _computer generated voice!_  Computers..
cool.

We can extoll something like, "Finally, a new station for Boston."
How about, "Everybody's gonna be talkin' about 93.7.  Will you know
what they are talkin' about?"  It'll be way cool.  By being ORIGINAL,
April Fool's Day and all, _everybody_ will be all moist and ready to
"lock us in and punch us up!"  They will be begging for "different."
(Memo to self.  Run this by the consultant as a possible phase 2
liner.)

How many "dead Eagle" jokes can we commission in time for Monday?
(Sung drunk) "1999 dead eagles on the wall, 1999 dead eagles on the
wall, if one of them should happen to reach maturity we'd
(bladidybla)...1998 dead eagles on the wall....."

Um, uh, how about... "The eagle has landed...(screams)  Boston!  We
have a problem! (fade up "1999" and sfx Prince scream.  Big boy voice
under/out.)

Someone stop me.... Repeat ten times, "New is good.  Good is new.  New
is good....Then close with, "Finally, a station on the radio in Boston
that is ...  3 dead eagles on the wall, 3 dea...

<sarcasm tentatively OFF>

Bill O'Neill