Re: my 2 cents on 93.7

I was just on the WEGQ website (http://www.eagle937.com) and saw several
messages on
their message board, from fans who aren't too crazy
about the format change. One poster has inside info,
apparently, that WAAF and WEGQ will simulcast for
awhile, then it will be WAAF's rock at 93.7 and
WEGQ's R&B-based oldies at 107.3 (one possibility
that has also been raised on this list).

Will that happen? You do bring up a good point--
WAAF has a solid base with its signal at 107.3...
but maybe they still think WAAF could do better
at 93.7 because the tower (in Peabody) would be
much closer to Boston. You talk about the strength
of the signal in Central and Western Mass. Well,
maybe Entercom is more interested in reaching
_Boston_ and its suburbs than Worcester or
Springfield. Spotty reception inside 128? Maybe
in some spots, but since Peabody is so close to
Boston, I think they may take the risk.