Re: Murder in Lebanon Maine

My sincerest condolences. I've seen violence in Family Law as a response to
a custody award; thank God that it rarely reaches this level, but that of
course makes it not a bit less tragic when it happens.

Per WRGB and WTEN reports, plus some small amount of information from legal
sources:

The arrest took place in East Greenbush, NY here in Rensselaer County. My
understanding is that the arrest was based on a very alert reaction by an
East Greenbush police officer; that after the APB that was issued, she was
scoping motel parking lots and saw the car (which did not match the plates)
at the Econo Lodge. (The female suspect apparently used her own credit card
to pay for the room, which made the ID very easy.) The arrest was effected
with the help of a flash grenade; there were no injuries. The suspects were
just arraigned here in Rensselaer County Court on fugitive warrants, were
remanded to Rensselaer County Jail without bail, and will be returned to
face the charges, though when depends on whether the formal extradition
hearing is waived. The mother is expected to return to Maine tonight or
early tomorrow with the assistance of the Maine State Police.