Re: Return of WQEW

Roger Kirk said:

> Why doesn't somebody grab the whole WQEW package, library, format and
> talent, and syndicate it.  There are plenty of syndicated MOYL formats
> around, but these folks did it better.  If a station is going to do
> satellite MOYL,
> wouldn't you think they'd go for a higher quality, proven product?

In 1997 there were rumors that the ownership of WQEW was going to turn it
into a coast-to-coast network. That never happened.

The only person I guess that would probably do this would be Jonathan
Schwartz. Most of those records heard on that station belonged to him
anyway (and they're moving with him to WNYC when he starts his gig there
in a few weeks)

- --
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@lily.org>                          the needs of the few
<http://www.lily.org/~sven>                      or the one."
                                                     -- Surak