WITS jingle package (Was WMEX/WITS/WMRE)

First time I heard a WITS aircheck, I was surprised by use of the same
package (locally altered) I heard all the time on WQBK Rensselaer/Albany
(now WTMM). It's in the Archives at
http://radio.lcs.mit.edu/radio/sounds/ma/wits.au, and it's the one that
goes "How you gonna know all the news of the day, how you gonna know what
the world's got to say... news and more on 1510....)
(It went "person-to-person on QBK" on WQBK's version.)

The reason it was of such note is that the jingle, in QBK's version, was
one of those tunes that, for some reason, just stuck in my head and
wouldn't go away. (I listened to QBK a lot then, back in the days of local
(and something close to balanced) talk. (They also had the clunkiest
pattern change I'd ever heard -- very, very obvious, like a thud. In fact,
they still do with WTMM, but now it hardly stands out as much with the
sloppily automated sports talk.))

Anyhow.... anyone know what company did that jingle package?

At 12:32 PM 3/19/99 -0500, Bump Martin wrote:

>> >They called themselves "the WITS end of the dial"
>> >and the calls stood for "Information, Talk, and
>> >Sports".
>
>And even the "W" stood for something.....
>
>Weather
>Information
>Talk
>Sports