Re: Live too close to "The Eagle" Yes/No?

John Bolduc said:

> I have a co-worker who lives in Peabody MA, 1.4 miles from WEGQ (93.7). She
> is up on a hill and can clearly see the tower.
> We estimated the field strength for a 34kw ERP at about 400mv per meter at
> her location. The $64k question is, can she get computer speakers (with
> built in amplifiers) that won't pick up the Eagle.
>
> She has tried putting  ferrite beads on the speaker leads, but with minimal
> effect. Two different sets of speakers show the problem.  A quite expensive
> set from Cambridge SoundWorks, and to a lessser extent, a no name set much
> less expensive speakers.

At the risk of being laughed outta here i would suggest wrapping the
cabinets in tin foil - the metal could provide enough shielding to block
out most of the signal - try several layers.

- --
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@lily.org>                          the needs of the few
<http://www.lily.org/~sven>                      or the one."
                                                     -- Surak