CHCM (was:Re: The mighty 730)

Martin J. Waters wrote:

>         I had CHCM coming in pretty well one night around December 1997 in
> Scituate . It wasn't late, either -- 7 p.m. or so. WJIB usually isn't there
> at all at night and CBL is clear, but that night something else was there
> and I was able just about to totally null CBL to get it.  I listened for at
> least an hour, and the signal was pretty steady, with some fading. When I
> looked it up (since I never got any ID for CHCM, and I had forgotten VOCM's
> frequency), I actually was disappointed that I had not heard a V
> call-letter station.

Aaahhh, CHCM...  Marystown, NF.
I had the pleasure of taking a tour of that station back in 1992, even got
souvenier VOCM coffee cups.

CHCM was in 1992 a country station by day, with local jox and local news for
the Burin Peninsula, and at about 5pm slid into a simulcast of VOCM.

CHCM is indeed (or perhaps, was.  Not sure if they moved to FM or not.) on 740
AM.   VOCM is on 590, but if one from New England really wants to hear them,
they do webcast.  I'll try to find the url and post it if anyone's interested.

Steve Sawyer