a "Meffa" question

This one is for those who grew up in and around the great city (or is it a
town?) of Medford.  When did they stop calling the part of it near Tufts
"Medford Hillside"?  Of course, in the 1920s, that was the location of
1XE/WGI, our first radio station, but I was reading a Variety Magazine from
 the fall of  *1954* and it said that WEEI-FM had a transmitter on Medford
Hillside.  Anyone know about that, a well as knowing when the term "Medford
Hillside" stopped being used?