Re: 105.7 WROR Palying the Hits of the 60's and 70's

No, I think it's simply business driven.  It is easier to sell airtime on an
oldies or classic rock station because it has traditionally appealed to the
"money demos."  The music coming out today is fine.  Just like in the 60's
and 70's, there is some great stuff and some throwaway crap being released
today.  As the boomers move out of 25-54 into 55+, and Generation Xers like
myself replace them in the money demo, let's see if radio continues with its
facination with 60's and 70's music.  By the time this happens, who knows?
Younger listeners may have defected to satellite music services like CD
Radio anyway.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Premiere Radio Networks