wvnh testing

One of those seemingly eternal CPs is finally on the air.  WVNH (Concord
NH) is testing this evening with recorded inspirational music (in
glorious mono) and the occasional live remark from engineer/announcer
Pete Stohrer.  Heard at 6:04 p.m.: "You're tuned to WVNH 91.1 FM
Concord-Laconia."

The transmitter is supposed to be in Gilmanton, just north of the Loudon
town line (and just north of New Hampshire International Speedway),
putting it roughly equidistant from the cities mentioned in the ID.
Around 6:40 p.m. Mr. Stohrer mentioned the station testing facilities at
the Concord Center (that would be the old Rumford Press building at 10
Ferry Street, one traffic light south of New Hampshire Public Radio),
offered program schedules to those who wrote to P.O. Box 40 Concord, and
mentioned regular programming from Moody would commence in the next few
weeks.

Although reception of WBUR-FM and WUNH is now an extremely dubious
proposition with my Superadio's telescoping antenna, the Good News for
this listener is that WVNH is not causing any interference on these
adjacent stations when I use my rooftop antenna. WSCS (the Colby-Sawyer
College station on 90.9 in New London) is, alas, just as barely
listenable as ever here in Concord.