Re: Microradio story

On 19 Feb 99,  Bob Nelson wrote:

> I heard about some sort of idea that the FCC might
> follow regarding microradio-- move the sound portion
> of TV Channel 6 (currently at 87.5 MHz) and extend
> FM down to about 78 MHz or so (Japan already has
> stations down that low). Then, use this new space to
> license low-power, "community" FMs.

With all this talk about licensing low-power FMs, I would think that in
a lot of places, there might be more band space for low-power AMs.
The engineering details I leave to others, but it might give more people
a reason to listen to the AM band.

OTOH, maybe not.  How many people bother to watch local-access
cable TV?

 A.Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/