Re: WCAP and WLLH.

Joseph writes:
>And if it does have a strong signal in Lawrence both day and night,
>does anyone on this list think Mega may now try to also buy WCAP, so
>BOTH of Mega's Boston-area stations can be simulcast full-time in
>the Lowell/Lawrence area, one on WLLH-1400, the other on WCAP-980?
>
>I'm beginning to think another shoe is about to drop concerning Mega
>and the Merrimack Valley.

A lot may have to do with just how much Mega has to spend.  It sounds
like Arnold Lerner (and partners) simply could not refuse the +$900K
offer.  Maurice Cohen would, undoubtedly, sit it out for a bigger boat
than that.  Perhaps a bidding war with another suitor?  And yes, WCAP
is loud and clear in Lawrence, D/N, and not bad in Haverhill, 10 miles
further up the river, as well.

Bill O'Neill