Re: Hidden audio gem...

In a message dated 1/29/99 7:45:00 PM EST, billo@erols.com writes:

<< just dawned on me now.  The "sound" that most often eminates from my PC
 speakers is quickly becoming one of the FINEST mixes of music:  Netradio:
 altcountry on RealNetworks.  It is certainly a misnomer, in that it is much
 closer to what the true essense of "River" formats are supposed to be.  I am
 very unfamiliar with any of the artists or tracks (for now).  The downside
 is no reference to what is playing and no logo-ID to tell you what is
 playing.  Now, THAT would be a great idea.  Anyone else ever discover this?
 Any stations making hay with it's mix?

I hardly ever turn my radio on anymore at work.  I listen to netradio or find
stations via broadcast.com.  I listen to one of my favorite stations, WBRU in
Providence  although I cannot receive it on regular radio unless I am far
south enough of Boston.  I will tune in foreign stations as well.   The point
is, I don't have to suffer with Boston stations any longer.
As far as Netradio is concerned, they have the "what's playing" window on some
of their stations but not all, yet.  I like the World Music channels,
especially French Cafe and World Acapella, and some of you might like the
Vintage Rock channel - I like the surf music. Its true that if you listen to
any of these regularly, the song cycles repeat (that sounds familiar, doesn't
it?)- but the upside is -- NO COMMERCIALS!!!