RE: No Spam...Radio

You may also be aware that the expression "At this point in time" became an
instant cliche thanks to John Dean and the Watergate hearings.

Ira Apple

========================
Bill O'Neill wrote:

> "Expletive deleted" started with Watergate?  Interesting.  I wonder how
> language was redacted prior to that.

Well, the expression may have been used when language was redacted in a
transcript, but it was the Watergate transcripts that made it a popular
colloquialism.

Funny, just yesterday, while conferring with opposing counsel in a lawsuit
about redacting a trial exhibit, we wondered whether anyone other than
lawyers ever use the word "redact."  And today, we have an answer.

- --
 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                     617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                  lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                   http://world.std.com/~lawyer/