Re: WBZ-AM protects purity of airwaves again

Bill O'Neill wrote:

> ...but didn't his reporting that the Senator's words were expletive
> deleted get you to perk up and get involved in the process (and, one
> can assume, a few others)?  Such an account is a story unto itself,
> that a candidate spams a reporter when pressed (pardon the pun).

The way he put it, it wasn't even clear, at least to me, that McGovern's
words were "expletive deleted."  (And that expression itself dates from the
Watergate transcripts, which were still in the future. )

And who said anything about spamming a reporter?  I never said (nor did
Gary LaPierre) that the person McGovern had the encounter with was a
reporter.  (And I doubt that McGovern could have spammed anyone, since very
few people had e-mail in those days.)

- --
 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                     617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                  lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                   http://world.std.com/~lawyer/