Re: "No School" software??

Jim writes:
<snip> I understand stations in some cities use a numerical
system....whereby each school is
>assigned a number that the students/parents are made aware of.   It is
easier to
>say that schools 1-99 are closed instead of having to go through the
>Abington...Acton....Arlington....etc list.

What, no Gary LaPierre lightning round?  Seriously, I never understood why
more stations don't simply arrange an alphabetical checklist with
public/private/colleges up front along with bus/train status.  THEN, let's
hear about the Tippy Tap Toe Dancing School Glee Club Fun-Bake and Bunny Hop
Contest.....

Bill O'Neill