RE: That And This

- ---"Brian P. Downey" <bdowney@genie.idt.net> wrote:
> And, Anyone Wanna Read "A Childs Christmas In Wales" By Dylan Thomas
> On A Radio Station This Year???? (Jerry Williams, PLEASE, Where Are
> You) . . .

I was gonna bring that up myself...I believe Entercom
wouldn't pick up his contract when they bought WRKO,
so technically he's still under contract to CBS (but
nowhere on the dial). Jerry's traditional reading was
always special...
Reminds me of other holiday traditions. Not sure if
they still do this, but WBCN used to have a bunch of
harmonica players down to play versions of Christmas
tunes; they were dubbed "The Cambridge Harmonica
Orchestra" and usually appeared on Mark Parenteau's
2-6 pm shift. Not sure if WBCN still does that... or
will Mark lure that "Orchestra" to his WRKO Saturday
night show (6-8 pm) to have them play?