Re: Will News/Information In Morning Drive Soon Vanish from Music Stations?

>I don't need to contact your friend because I am quite aware of what's
>going out there...If I was running

Might the real reason be that you would rather challenge me...who does not
work for Metro - than a real 14-year vereran who does?  Heck, you were even
given the names of the big bosses there!   Check the sources!  Not me!  I'm
just the messenger. :)

>a radio or TV station, I would never ever use a news service created
>by a former used car dealer.

Well, many so-called "broadcasters" are current and former car dealers, and
everything else.  The old WEEI-590 which was at the time a CBS O&O, was sold
to a lady with a pizza business!!  What did she know about Radio?  But the
old RKO General chain of highly-successful stations such as WRKO, KHJ and
CKLW was owned by TIRE people. Need I say more?

If you want to challenge someone, don't challenge me, as I am no authority.
But I trust my friend, as he has no axe to grind, and I've known him for
almost 10 years, and because I've worked with Metro before.

And anyway, as far as "news' goes. it's all based on what the government
WANTS us to know - real or phony.  The hottest thing is the Y2K hysteria,
which is making MILLIONS of $$ for certain individuals and companies.  I
don't trust a lot of anythingI hear these days...whether it be delivered on
a truie News station like WCBS (I get there at nights on ocasion), or it be
delivered by some giggling Morning Zoo personality.  It's all entertainment
and gossip, when you get down to it...in MY opinion only. Just likethe
so-called "global warming" theory.

I was taken to task when I once said that News Directors have this "If it
bleeds, it leads" mentality.  But I was taken to task for this by
non-broadcasters with no experience. I spent a few years working with a top
local News team at a top Radio station in my area, which served a 150-mile
swath of land from Fort Pierce to (almost) Miami.  Believe me, that was the
unsaid slogan.

All I'm saying, my friend, is, my experience both in life AND as a
broadcaster has taught me that while you cannot always believe what you hear
or are told, real-life experience, as I have, is certainly reliable.

:) shel