Re: WQEW/ maybe WEVD ? (was Re: Popular Standards in NYC)

Peter Q. George wrote:

> I agree that Mr. Low DID go a bit overboard
> in equating the loss of WQEW to the atrocity that was "Kristillnacht",
> during the early years of the Holocaust.  I don't think, however, that
> he intentionally meant to offend the readers of this forum (IMHO).  I
> myself feel that it was NOT the proper example to be used in his
> posting.  I could think of better examples to get the thought out.
> Hopefully, he will heed this advice,  "Think before you write".  It
> might also be a good idea for Mr. Low to apologize to those he might
> have inadvertently offended. I'll leave it at that.

I have no doubt that he did not intend to give offense.  The problem
is that it is all too common these days for people to equate the most
trivial things to the Holocaust, and it is done without really
thinking or realizing what they are saying.  So I'm glad that so many
people called him on it.
- --
 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                     617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                  lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                   http://world.std.com/~lawyer/