Re: Christmas tunes (zany ones)

In a message dated 12/2/98 2:05:24 PM, bluesradio_99@yahoo.com wrote:

<<Yes, it's that time of the year...when radio stations
drag out the Christmas classics like "The Chipmunk
Song" (like it or not!). While there's something to
be said for traditional carols and romantic tunes, I
enjoy Christmas novelty tunes.>>

Here's some of the tunes that I've found(and enjoy!) and play on my station
closer to Christmastime...

1.  Bob Rivers...he has three Christmas albums out - Twisted Christmas which
includes "A Message From The King", "The chimeny song" and a heavy requested
tune each year.."The Twelve Pains Of Christmas".  - I Am Santa Claus includes
"There's Another Santa Claus" and "Didn't I Get This Last Year?"  -  and his
latest CD - More Twisted Chirstmas which includes"Parking Spaces", "Hey-You!
Get Off My House" and "It's The Most Fattening Time Of The Year".  All great
songs by the fabulous Bob Rivers!

2.  John Denver & the Muppets - A Christmas Together - includes "We Wish You A
Merry Christmas", "Christmas Is Coming" and "Twelve Days Of Christmas"

3.  Mel Blanc - "Yas Dis ist A Christmas Tree"

4.  St. Nick - "Jingle Bells(Laughing All The Way)" [A man laughing to the
tune of Jingle Bells] (This one gets requested a quite bit too!)

5.  Eddie Lawrence - "What Do You Want For Christmas" - a spoke piece - very
funny!!

Just some of my favorites!

Gary Ford