Re: The OTHER Bob Nelson's Radio Origins

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Bob Nelson wrote:

> But in case anybody's curious, that Bob Nelson is not
> me. He's from Dallas, and I'm from this area (I do
> a blues show on WMWM in Salem,MA, where I've been a
> DJ since 1981). Ha...I guess "Bob" and "Nelson" can
> be pretty common names.

There was also a Bob Nelson who hosted a talk show on WBZ in the early
1960s.

> Not the first time I've heard of a "name's the same"
> situation in radio. Gene Burns' producer in his WRKO
> days was named Jimmy Carter, and about 15 years ago,
> when I did a news internship at WFNX, they had a
> salesman (I believe?) named Gene Kelly.

Yeah, and the Bob Nelson who was on WBZ was succeeded a host of that talk
show ("Program PM," later "Contact.") by "The Other" Bob Kennedy.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/