Re: Remotely Memorable (was: Bruce Bradley)

Bill O'Neill wrote:

> Brings up a (potentially) fun chain - You most memorable live remote
> experience, for better or worse!
>
> My best remote was about a year and a half ago when I was at WERZ.  It was
> from one of those fireworks places down in Seabrook.  It was very hot, but
> they kept the soda and water coming, fed me pizza and at the end hooked me up
> with a couple hundred bucks worth of fireworks, and this was on top of the
> talent fee.  We packed the place and the client was extremely happy.  She even
> told me our remote drew more people that the one the client did with WHEB the
> week before.  It goes to show that not all radio clients are cheap-ass
> schmucks.

The worst?  Doing the Chester Fair down in Connecticut when I was at WLIS.  The
weather was always bad (I did this fair three years in a row.) The Marti shot
always failed, no matter how much we tested it beforehand.  The station would
not purchase decent remote equipment, so we always looked like crap, and all the
interviews were with three-toothed imbred goobers.  Truly a nightmare.....Mike
Thomas
WXLO & Premiere Radio Networks