Re: WBZ signal?

On Tue, 24 Nov 1998, Dan C. wrote:

> Did anybody else notice a problem with WBZ's signal this afternoon?  I
> usually listen in while driving home from Portland in the early
> afternoons.  Today, they were not putting out 50-thousand watts of news
> power.  The signal was weak and scratchy, fading in and out all the way
> down the Maine Turnpike.  Maybe one of the hamsters in the transmitter
> bought the big one. :)

Actually, I noticed the same thing last Thursday, around noontime, while
driving back from court in Newton and listening to Ken Starr's
presentation.  There actually were a few breaks in transmission, and I
eventually switched to WBUR.

I also noticed a couple of seconds delay on WBZ, as opposed to WBUR.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/