Re: Classical Radio in Maine

In a message dated 11/23/98 11:19:18 AM EST, billo@erols.com writes:

<< I get it - before, they had NONE.  Now, what they do have, in terms of
 commercial classical, they take issue with.  Dan, we agree.  Hello?  Hello?

 Bill O'Neill

I think you misunderstood.  Their used to be three different, independent
classical stations serving different parts of the Maine coast.  The three
stations are now under common ownership and run the same programming.  This
resulted in the people who could pick up more than one of the stations losing
options.  On the other hand, it is tough to make classical a viable commercial
format and this new network probably saved the format in the state.

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine