Remember...the WBCN strike

Talking about the WCOP country lawsuit reminded me
of another interesting event in local radio from that
period. I believe it was in January or February of
1979 that WBCN went on strike. The station had been
sold, I believe, by T. Mitchell Hastings (??) to
someone named Weiner, and I think Weiner tried to
bust up the union...the station's talent went off the
air, and "scabs" appeared.

One Saturday, I remember hearing WZBC doing a broadcast
called "WBCN in Exile", with the striking staffers. Featured was a
mock event called "The Duane Glasscock Parade". (Glasscock was the
alter ego of Charles Laquidara--a young,rude "clone").

There were parody songs,too...one was
set to the tune of Bob Dylan's "Stuck Inside of
Mobile With the Memphis Blues Again":
  "Oh, mama, can this really be the end?
  To be stuck inside of Boston with those
  Scabs on 'BCN..."

The strike obviously did get settled...anyone had
other details or memories of the WBCN strike?