Re: WNFT....sale price...

BUMP MARTIN said:

> What a riot!
>
> BTW...Does anyone know what WBPS went for?  I thought I hear 2-4 million
> .
>
> THAT surprises me, if it's true.  Brand new station......probably barely
> billing enough to pay the bills....and an icky signal to boot!

> INMHO the very fact that WBPS is a leased-access station
makes it worth a lot of money. Think of all the cash that station
was raking in - no airstaff to hire, probably contract engineers,
a couple of sales people and a GM. -- much less than a "personality"
station like WILD or WEEI, where they have to employ announcers,
board operators and producers, production staff, salesmen, engineers,
traffic people, newsmen, etc etc. Combined with the fact that WPS
is in a major city, and you got yourself a high-priced piece
of real estate

- --
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@lily.org>                          the needs of the few
<http://www.lily.org/~sven>                      or the one."
                                                     -- Surak