Maine Mystery Signal

Can anyone solve a mystery for me?

There is a strange signal on 91.9 MHz in Mid-Coast Maine that I can't
identify.  It is a pattern of two tones that alternate as they fade out
every three or four seconds.  I have a sample of the signal available as a
.wav file at http://world.std.com/~atlas.  It was recorded on 3 November
in Belfast, Maine.

It doesn't sound like a broadcast signal, but it certainly is in the FM
broadcast band so hopefully someone here knows about it.  I have heard it
once before in Ellsworth, Maine back in July, 1983.  Please check it out
at http://world.std.com/~atlas.

Alexander R Svirsky   N1PRW     /_______ {       atlas@world.std.com
                                        \,}_)
                                          ^ .