Re: Whatever happened to...

"Shel" asked:

>Do any oldies stations play these at all?<

I haven't heard "Starz on 45" ("Life Is a Rock (But the Radio Rolled
Me)") for years, but WDRC-FM Hartford plays "Red Rubber Ball" a lot,
"Turn Down Day" -- great song, I agree -- occasionally. I've heard
"Beach Baby," too, but can't recall if it was on 'DRC or 'ZMX.

And I recall 'RKO playing both "7 Rooms of Gloom" and "I Turn to Stone,"
but it seemed that "Stone" got the heavier play. Both songs had cold
starts, which IMHO would've made them great top-of-the-hour songs, but I
don't think either was ever used that way. Shel, how much did chart
position figure in the top-of-the-hour playlist at 'RKO? (AM, that is.
Didn't Arko the FM robot always play the No. 1 or No. 2 song then?)

Howard