(Fwd) Re: Ginsburger meets Collins transmitter

Dan,
        Informative post. I would assume that the RCA Ampliphase
was the same one we had at the Squantum site. I can picture the
place in my mind, but 30 years has burned out a few neurons :-)

We sometimes had to switch to the 5KW (which I can't remember
that well) on the incoming tide. The water would causing arcing at
the tower bases, and the ole plate contactors would start
kurchunking! The owner at the time, Mr Richmond, (who apparently
listened 24/7) would call and raise holy heck about reducing the
power. I also remember that we had problems with the Ampliphase
door safety bars. After a period of time, vibration would cause the
safety bars to move close enough to shut er down. Then I would
have to crank up the 5KW while I adjusted the bar back to the
proper position. Remember to pull the plate breaker. 15KV at all
those amps would guarantee a quick departure!  Another call from
Richmond.

OK, now a couple of questions - can someone fill me in on
Richmond? And whatever happened to Ron Robin (aka Polkari
(sp?)) Jeesh, it's to fun to grow up and have a history!! Thanks!

Jon

PS I miss broadcast engineering. Gee, I still have my General
Radiotelephone (Formerly First Class Phone). Maybe I can start a
new old career here in Sunny West Coast Florida where we're
using our entire feeble mental energy to push BigBad Mitch away.
Keep them 180MPH winds away!
- ------- Forwarded Message Follows -------