Re: First record

I have been wracking my brain trying to remember the first music I bought. I
had some pretty cool hand-me-down 45s from my parents; a bunch of Beatles
stuff and Chubby Checker, that I played on this really old turntable, the ones
with the big round cylinder in the middle to plop down the next single. Once I
got one of those portable cassette decks with the little handle for Christmas,
I bought cassettes (and made little DJ tapes with the built in recordable mic,
man, so long ago). I remember having a few albums around the same time, about
9 or 10 years old (1975?): some Beach Boys greatest hits album, that Harry
Chapin album with "Cat's in the Cradle" on it and an Aerosmith record. I
always got cassettes at least until I bought this really great Philips
turntable when I was in Freshman in High School and started collecting 45s and
LPs.