Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 10/16: WCGR Moves Again

Scott/NERW reports:  >*Moving along to MAINE, the Saga stations in Portland
have a new
>boss.  He's Cary Pahigian, who programmed WBZ in the 1980s and most
>recently ran Ernie Boch's stations on Cape Cod.  Now he becomes: vice
>president of Saga/New England, market manager of Portland Radio, and
>GM of WGAN, WZAN, WMGX, and WYNZ (which is to say, all of Portland
>Radio except WPOR AM-FM).  Pahigian replaces the retiring Bob Gold.

Cary did some college hockey play by play for the ULowell Chiefs on WJUL in
the late 70s and very early 80s with a guy named Bob McCann.  (Both did a
top notch job.)  I think he was freelance/volunteering just for the fun of
it.  My weak memory tells me that Cary worked in Maine radio for a time, as
well.  This may be a return to Maine with very different terrain this time
around.

Bill O'Neill