Re: Closing of WBZA (Was Re: 1939...)

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Martin J. Waters wrote:

>         And based on a couple things I've heard or seen and the aircheck
> I've heard of the WBZ management statement when they signed off WBZA, the
> delay may well have been because Westinghouse was fighting the necessity of
> shutting down WBZA. I've never researched it, but one can imagine they
> might have tried to argue that WBZA should not be considered a station for
> the purposes of the group ownership rules bercuase it was a synchronous
> operation.

I've never heard that aircheck.  What did they say?  I assume it was aired
on both WBZ and WBZA.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/