Re: 1939... and WLAW

Marty wrote--
>        In a 1942 list that I have, WNAC was the Red Network; WBZ was the
>Blue; WAAB (still in Boston) was Mutual. No affiliation is listed for WLAW.
>I believe that going way, way back, WBZ was the Blue. The 1936 list shows
>WEEI as the Red and WNAC as CBS.
>
>        As to the earlier question about WLAW: Was it a Mutual affiliate,
>perhaps, especially after WAAB was moved to Worcester, which was 1943 or
>1944?

What I know is that when WLAW signed on in December of 1937, they had no
affiliation yet and used the local newspaper (Lawrence Eagle Tribune)--
which owned them-- for their news.  By 1943, they were listing in the Radio
Annual as a CBS affiliate.  And by 1948, they were the ABC affiliate.  I
can get exact dates if you need them, but to my knowledge, they did not
affiliate with Mutual.