Contest swipe

Curious as to people thoughts/opinions on this one:

WFNX has run a contest called "Hide the Salami" twice over the past two-three
months. The name is intentionally risque; but the tie-in is that the station
hides an actual salami with a big prize attached to it. (Tickets to a big
artist's sold out show, for example.) To win, you have to find the hidden
salami, via clues given on the air by the morning hosts. There's a big
'scavenger hunt' feel to the whole thing; people call in from the road asking
if they're in the right place, etc., and a station representative is on site
to give updates on whether the prize has been found. It's usually hidden
somewhere very public; past hiding places include the crane fountain in City
Sq. Charlestown, and the Frog Pond in Boston Common.

This morning, Mix 98.5 ran the *exact same* contest- verbatim- to give away
Barenaked Ladies/Hootie & the Blowfish tickets.

Now, I know that stations often lift ideas from other stations, but I don't
think I've ever seen anything this blatant.

- -TC