RE: WBZ grills Woburn Mayor

Roger Kirk (in part):

The mayor
said "no" and countered with the fact that the "wells"
and "waste" issues are 20 years old and that Woburn
is in the middle of a 5 year development project that
include a "new interchange" off Rte 93.  Anybody
heard about this?

If you drive down I-93 about 1-1.5 miles North of the I-95/128 Interchange,
there are concrete bridge pilings being poured.

I seem to recall reading (or hearing) that the new exit is meant to be a
direct line from I-93 to Mishawan (sp?) RR station, for I-93 commuters.

This would (in theory) make the RR Station more attractive to I-93
commuters, so they don't have to get on Rte 128 S to get to the RR station,

They (Mass DOT) hopes this might mitigate some of the traffic on the Lower
Deck, and keeping some pressure of the 93/128 cloverleaf as well.

Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH