Re: WMUR registers WNDS domain names

Jibguy@aol.com wrote:
> According to the AP story I saw, it was "Someone within Ch 9" not necessarily
> Ch 9 itself.  However, it can likely be assumed it was done with 9's blessing.
> Broadcasting is so mean-spirited.

I *was* going to challenge your assumption- why would the station necessarily
have anything to do with it? So I checked out the InterNIC registrations for
wnds.com, wndstv.com, etc...
and now, I think you're right; I think the station must have some connection
or sanctioned this in some way.

The WNDS domains are not registered to WMUR; they're registered to an
individual. The address listed is not WMUR's address, and the phone number is
not their main phone number. However... the fax number for WMUR ends in 9065.
The fax on the registration ends in 9066. Same area code & exchange. I find it
a little too coincidental. This way, they can distance themselves from the action.

conspiracy theorist in training,
- -TC