Re: WMUR registers WNDS domain names

     This DOESN'T surprise me, not one iota.  The problem with WMUR-TV
is that Channel 9 is and always has been TOO far to the right,
editorially. This only re-inforces my feelings that Channel 9 has had
their news monopoly, TOO long.  If they stoop to some (what I
consider) "rinky-dink" means of striking against the competition by
"glutting" another station's POTENTIAL domain Internet names, that's
bulls**t.  How petty !  More power to the guys and gals at Channel 50
!! New Hampshire deserves something better than what Channel 9
offering.  I call it, WNDS-TV.

- -Pete

> >According to an AP article in today's Lewiston Sun Journal, WMUR-TV
has
> >registered the domain names wnds.com, wnds50.com, wndstv50.com, and
> >wndstv.com.   This didn't stop WNDS as they registered wndsnews.com
and

> WOW.  This drastically slashes my impressions of WMUR.  Sleazy,
sleazy,
> sleazy.  What next, burning Uncle Gus in effigy during Weather With
Al?   Is
> there _anything_ a biz can do in a situation like this?  This is
obviously
> 'legal' but a blatant attempt to damage, right?  Bill O'Neill

==