Re: ID's in CANADA?

At 02:02 PM 9/21/98 -0400, Garrett Wollman wrote:

>Officially, what I last heard was that stations must ID hourly, except
>when a program lasts longer than an hour, in which case the station
>must ID before and after the program.  Many stations have found, um,
>creative interpretations of the word ``program''.

  Well they do ID every hour........CJAD Montreal's news leader  :)
Seriously I would guess that CJAD is trying to get the Township's well
heeled crowd and it all gets lumped into their 800 rate card. Did the
Sherbrooke simulcast begin because of the ice storm last winter?

  Funny thing, the Toronto and Maritime stations always seem to ID with no
problem
  but Montreal and Windsor were always "lax".....in its hayday CKLW was
always the Motor City....

   Then there was the saga of CKO all news in the 70's, but that is another
story.