Re: WERS

In a message dated 9/17/98 12:25:35 PM Central Daylight Time, FMradio1@aol.com
writes:

<< Yes, that's the point, things are working working well now, but the
  administration seems to want to fix something that ain't broke.  Their
  proposal was to reduce student management and to eliminate a "hands on"
  radio management course, and to addopt a more "professional" and "profit
  oriented" approach. >>

While I was in Boston this past summer I went by "The New WERS Studios". When
I saw where it was located I surmised something like this was in the works. My
take on the relocation was to promote the school. The average passer-by will
never know whether or not there are students on the air (that is providing
they keep the staff  that appears in the window on the younger side).
MTV does the same thing in Times Square and every night there is a crowd
gathered outside just watching someone playing music videos with an occasional
guest.
What is wrong with polished talent?? I don't care "how good" you think you
are. My guess is if you are that good, you will be much better in a few years
with a little experience under your belt. You can't obtain experience from a
textbook or a classroom.
If Emerson wants a more experienced look, what school in it's right mind would
not hire experienced alumni.
It after all is perception.

Mike

Mike