speaking engagement

Just thought I would let any of our local list-members know that this
Sunday, I am speaking at the Dorchester Historical Society on "early Boston
radio and the Dorchester Connection".  I will be bringing more rare
memorabilia, and talking about some of the Boston radio folks who came from
or performed in Dorchester during the 20s and 30s (did you know Dorchester
was briefly the home of a record company-- Grey Gull-- and had a huge
theatre that boasted "The World's Largest Organ"-- no BIll Clinton jokes,
please).  It was also the home of two major Boston Globe columnists who
wrote about radio for many years.

If you are in the neighbourhood, it's at 2 pm on Sunday, 195 Boston Street
(near Edward Everett Square and Columbia Rd).  Admission is free, and you
can e-mail me for more details.