Re: NBC Late On McGwire's 62nd HR

>If so, then why would ESPN II and ESPN News have cut away?  In fact, maybe
>that explains it - their philosophy may be, "if you want breaking sports
>news, go to ESPN News; ESPN is primarily for features now."

Sort of like C-Span getting the live stuff while keeping C-Span 2 on tape.
When Koppel (ABC booth) cut in, we flipped to Fox for the event, albeit
after the live homer, but caught reax from all 2, 098 cameras.  Almost got
me believing that the Maris folks were happy campers.  Just what I would
live for, seeing my dad's claim to fame overwritten.  Aside:  One only hopes
this gets RM into the hallowed H of F.

I seems that the nets are so starved to provide some good news, it was the
feast du jour.  Also, the nets have had so little to "break-in" with.  We
live from flash to flash, the bookmarks of our times.

Bill O'Neill