Re: Mix 98.5 using EAS Signal in bumpers?

<< I
 thought I overheard Mix 98.5 (oops Mix 985) using a piece of the EAS signal
 as part of a bumper before heading into a music set?  Did anyone else hear
 this...or did I miss a serious weather advisor >>

Although I'm sure you thought it was an EAS data header, if Mix is using any
effects like that in their breakers or sweepstarters, I'm gonna guess that
it's an effect from a production library like "Signals" from AV Deli.

This company delights in making effects with all types of data noise, scanner
transmissions and pager tones. I use quite a lot of thier stuff here in St
Lou...
(and I talk to Willie B, BMX prod director quite often. If he were bold enough
to use the EAS Data in a sweeper...he'd brag about it to me.)

Rob Walker
APD/Creative Services Director
WXTM/St Louis