Re: WJIB Night-time power

On Sun, 6 Sep 1998, Peter Q. George wrote:

>      As formore nighttime power on WJIB, forget it.  As an engineer
> for that great station, I can tell you that we still will have to
> abide by the laws that are on the books.  740 is a Canadian clear and
> is protected under International Treaty.  Even if the Toronto
> allocation is silent for a while, we still will have to powerdown to
> our respectable 5 watt authorization at sunset.  It is pretty much
> "cut and dry". That's the way it is.

But, so long as 740 in Toronto stays silent, that 5 watts will probably go
a lot farther.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/