Re: Liners & You

At 11:16 AM 9/3/98 -0400, Bill O'Neill wrote:

>The "no talk-over" pledge is kooky to me.  It's okay if stations simply not
>do it, but to hype that they don't talk over the music is sort of like
>saying that you don't smoke, spoken while standing in a cigar store.

Count my vote for talking over music, too.  For one thing, it tends to keep
the talk down and to the point...if you've got :12, well you've gotta get
your point across in :12. To me it also makes things flow better.

I will qualify this though, by saying that 1972-style posting every song
every time, or talking over vocals like WABC used to do gets old fast.