Re: And the temperature is?

Marty wrote--

>        Now let's hear from all the others on the group who have never made
>an embarrassing blooper on the air <g>. I will say that most of mine have
>not been this amusing. Just plain old regular ordinary plain dumb and
>stupid.

And in the Department of Redundency Department,  I actually did hear a
radio news guy read that "a man was fatally shot dead this morning."  And I
also heard the former coach of the Bruins a couple of years ago in an
interview say that if the team could score more goals, they had "a definite
chance that we might win more games."

But my biggest quibble is with such phrases as "the temperature outside
is..."  You know, I have always thought it was a good idea to keep the
temperature outside...  Or "the time right now is..."-- as opposed to the
time ten minutes ago?