Re: Channel 68 gets Celtics games

Now that some Celtics games will be on WABU, what happens to the Red Sox?
 I saw some discussion of this a few weeks back, but I was in the process
of moving and could have missed some of the news.

I assume that since the station declined to pick up the option for their
third year, the Sox will not be on channel 68 next year.  The Globe said
they're losing $6 million a year on the contract.  Unless these deals are
usually loss leaders, the contract must have been lousy.  The team is in
contention for postseason play, the games seem sold out of advertising
time, so what's up?

Will another station pick them up, or will they go the way of (ughh)
cable-only?  With no other true independent in town, nobody else has the
flexibility of 68 for scheduling games.

Paul