Re: Beethoven's Fifth Time Signals

In a message dated 8/18/98 1:08:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
lawyer@world.std.com writes:

<< And I remembered that, back in the mid-1960s, when I was in school in
 Amherst, WTIC radio and the old WTIC-TV (Channel 3) were using the
 Beethoven's Fifth time signals.  Does anyone know whether WTIC still uses
 the Beethoven's Fifth signal?  If not, does anyone know when they stopped
 using it?>>

We had this discussion a few months back on this list.  WTIC-AM still uses the
four tone signal at the top of each hour.  I don't know when the TV station
stopped using them, but neither Channel 3 (now WFSB) or the current WTIC-TV
(Channel 61) have used any tones for many years.

Mike Thomas, WXLO & Premiere Radio Networks