Re: Kasem back in Boston

<<Kiss 108 moved "the Rick Dees Weekly Top40" to Saturday mornings
8-12......it just wouldn't be the weekend without Rick!>>

I'm hearing that Rick Dees will only be on Saturdays until the contract with
Kiss runs out, at which time he will be dropped.  Oh, and BTW, Dees is
currently on 6-10am Saturdays, not 8 to 12.

<<Not that I'm that big of a fan of Dees, but Casey just sounds old and
fuddy.  He's been doing the EXACT same show for almost 30 years...only the
songs have changed.  Hopefully, he's nuked the long-distance dedication.>>

Casey may still be doing the same schtick, but he still attracts the upper end
of the CHR demo, which advertisers love, and his ratings are still strong in
the markets he's in.  Plus, I think the fact that Kiss and AMFM Networks
(Casey's syndicator) are both owned by Chancellor was the reason that Kiss
switched countdown shows.  Yes, he still does the Long Distance Dedication,
three per show in fact.  Musically, believe it or not, his show is a week or
two closer to what stations are really playing than Dee's show is.  For Rick
fans, he still is on WERZ-Exeter on Sunday nights, 6-10pm.

Mike Thomas, WXLO & Premiere Radio Networks