the 800 Pound Gorilla Speaks

Well, a few folks like Gary LaPierre and David Brudnoy still have the
courage to speak out and even editorialise about what is going on in
radio-- Brudnoy is known for being very conservative, however, so I was
utterly shocked (but pleased) when tonight on his show he said it was very
short-sighted of the major corporations to only care about the shareholders
and the CEOs while downsizing and lowering wages and out-sourcing.  He
remarked that even Henry Ford saw the importance of a decent living wage
for every worker, and without that, he noted, how could the average person
afford to buy anything?  Brudnoy continued by saying he is not happy to see
this trend of downsizing and lowering wages coming to his own industry--
radio.  He then commented that too many radio station owners (no, he didn't
mention Mel or anyone else by name, but then, the fact that he mentioned it
at all was interesting...)   are eliminating good-paying jobs and firing
established people, replacing them with part-time jobs which have no
benefits and no guarantee of any security.  Brudnoy said he felt this was
not good for radio.  I wanted to kiss him, but I know I am not his type <ggg>.